Exalted2Logo.png (138.08 KiB) 175 mal betrachtet

Book 7: An Unkindness of Ravens
raven-mother.jpg
raven-mother.jpg (135.78 KiB) 175 mal betrachtet
"Or is it a Murder of Crows?"

Chapter 4: Innocence
"Innocence is what disappears, after I arrive."
The First and Forsaken Lion

"Last night I saw a little girl that played with a toy I forged from her parents souls while she was watching. She understood nothing, but in time she will. Everyone does."
The Dowager of the Irreverent Vulgate in Unrent Veils

"Such things do not concern me."
The Mask of Winters

"Innocence?? ... INNOCENCE???... INNOCENCE!!!... BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!... HUEHUEHUE... HARHARHARHAR...(...)"
Eye and Seven Despairs

"Ahh... Sheep are innocent creatures. That's why shepherds herd them and wolves slay them."
The Bodhisattva Anointed by Dark Waters

"While many claim themselves to be some kind of innocents and some branding others as innocent, noone truly is for their imperfections precede them. Innocene itself is a form of perfection and while aspiring for it is a valuable effort, there is only one thing that given by its nature is absolutely perfect: Oblivion. Not only does the Void not bear flaws, it also clears everyone else of their imperfections. In the fourth age, when All is the Oblivion and the Oblivion is All, there will only exist perfection. Is this perfection also valid for Innocence? Yes it is. The Void does not judge, between king and beggar, living and ghost, you and me. For it we are all the same and in it we are aswell. In conclusion true Innocence can only be found in Oblivion and everyone portraying themselves as innocent should be watched very closely."
The Bishop of Chalcedony Thurible in Tome of Endless Night Vol. 237

"Innoncence is a lot like virginity, once it's taken you can't give it back. And who would?"
The Lover Clad in Raiment of Tears

"True Innocence can only be found in the void. I will bring it to everyone."
The Walker in Darkness

"... ..."
Princess Magnificent with Lips of Coral and Robes of Black Feather
72 Hours Remaining

Ursus Magicus
Einmalposter

Re: [ Exalted ][ Under Raven's Wings ]

Beitrag von Ursus Magicus » Freitag 8. Februar 2019, 21:13

Hallo Leute!

Fe hier. Ich wollte nur Bescheid geben, dass ich aus der Runde aussteige. Der Grund ist hauptsächlich, dass es mir keinen Spaß mehr macht meinen Char zu spielen. Das liegt glaub ich daran, dass das Spielsystem und Setting mir nicht so zuspricht + meine mangelnde Kreativität =).
War immer sehr spaßig mit euch, was überhaupt der Grund war, warum ich solange dabei geblieben bin!

Noch ein bisschen STORY zum Schluss:
Morgen im Verlauf des Abends wird mein Familiar Raven zu euch kommen, der einen schwarzen Beutel um den Hals gebunden hat. Im Beutel befinden sich eure Artefakte und ein Zettel mit folgendem Text:

Mein Verstand ist hell erleuchtet.
Ich habe die Warheit gesehen.
Sie war überwältigend.
Ihr werdet sie niemals verstehen!

gezeichnet Jinshu Tenno

Paradox
Paradoxspirit

Beitrag von Paradox » Samstag 9. Februar 2019, 15:55

#richtigerTenno
if I were you, I´d rather be me

h8urf8
Site Admin

Beitrag von h8urf8 » Freitag 8. März 2019, 16:52

Exalted2Logo.png
Exalted2Logo.png (138.08 KiB) 88 mal betrachtet
raven-mother.jpg
raven-mother.jpg (135.78 KiB) 88 mal betrachtet

Final Chapter:
The Most Unholy Council Concerning the Ending Of All Existence

"My Lord,
I bring dire news. We monitored major movement from the...
I assume noone can hear us here?"

"Calm, my child. If someone listens to us here, there would be not another place we could hide from them."

"We monitored major movement from known capitals of multiple Deathlords towards Stygia."

"Armies?"

"No. The Lords themselves, additional forces range from royal guards and Deathknights to none at all."

"While this might be unsettling, my child, I would not consider this a dire situation."

"My Lord, I regret to provide meager rumors, but a source stated that Innocence has been murdered. If this is true, the two events probably correlate."

"... ..."

"My Lord?"

"I will travel to the Heavenly Gates. This rumor needs to be verified or disproven.
You, my child, shall (...)."

"Yes, my Lord."

"Fly, my child.

"Don't call me that."

"..."
72 Hours Remaining

h8urf8
Site Admin

Beitrag von h8urf8 » Samstag 6. April 2019, 01:05

Exalted2Logo.png
Exalted2Logo.png (138.08 KiB) 39 mal betrachtet
raven-mother.jpg
raven-mother.jpg (135.78 KiB) 39 mal betrachtet

Interlude: Shadow and Brimstone

You may have had a crazy thought one day at the store: what if I just took this? There’s a thrill in it, in the taboo, in empowering yourself. You don’t do it, due to being an upright citizen. You could, this item could be in your grasp, but no. It’s the wrong thing to do. Control yourself.

Imagine it’s dead. Gone, and it will never return. You take this, and there’s the thrill of violating this code we’re expected to live by. There’s no guilt. There’s no punishment, because you are a master of your sins. You cheat and lie and worsen the world and all you have to show for it is more possessions and the pleasure of a job well done. You know better than to be temperate.

You’re walking down the street and a homeless man accosts you. He’s obviously sick, he’s tired, he’s hungry – all he wants is some change. Any good person would accommodate the poor man. He wanders off with the money to do who knows what, and what do you have to show for it? The belief you did something good? Sure, maybe that’s nice for a few minutes, but you know he probably spent it on booze. Your pocket’s empty, you didn’t really make anything better, and some drunk poisoned his liver. Why did you do this? Because the little voice said it was right.

Now it’s dead. Gone. You walk past him with a smile on your face and feel nothing. There’s no guilt. You have all your money. You can spend it on something you’d like: drugs, food, women, whatever. You can be selfish and never feel like you owe anyone anything. There is nothing in the way of your happiness except everyone else in the world who might get in your way. You know better than to be compassionate.

Naturally, you oppose these people. But you have everything to lose if you make the wrong move, so you’re careful – always careful. You fight dirty. You hide. You turn tail and run if need be. You cry, you beg, you plead. You have no spine, and people look down on you. You’re a bitch, a coward, a pussy. They don’t respect you.

But who the fuck are they? They’re nothing. They’re your enemies. They act like virtue is something to be proud of, stick their chest out at the wrong moment, and get a knife in their back for their trouble. And you? You scampered off to live another day, and, though no one can prove it, they all know it was your hand that thrust the blade. You know better than to be valorous.

There is nothing stopping you now from pursuing pleasure above all else. Take joy in whatever you want to do. Sink to any depths, rise to any heights. You are the ultimate triumph of the ego, the unfettered. The world cannot slow you down. The people in it can’t manipulate you. By this point, only one thing could possibly get in your way: yourself.

You realize then that growing attached to anything is a mistake. No matter how much you like something, no matter how much you want it, you’re willing to give it up. You’ll abandon a friend, crush your dreams underfoot, forget about that heavily-guarded diamond you want to steal. It’s not worth the risk, and you don’t need those things anyway. Fuck ’em, fuck the world, and fuck yourself, too – they’re just empty desires. Dust in the wind. You know better than to have conviction.

The world will hate you. Your loved ones will hate you. You will oppose them forever, bring untold darkness into their lives, twist them, corrupt them, poison the earth until there’s nothing left. You have no overarching purpose, no direction in life, drifting from whim to whim, hurting everything in your path because there’s no such thing as a person besides you, just obstacles. Toys. Tools. Nothing deeply satisfies you, but that’s alright; you don’t need that sense of accomplishment. There’s always something to entertain yourself for the next few minutes with.

You set yourself against all comers and revel in it, forever, bringing everyone down as you stand on their broken corpses, making everything as bad as you are and beating them with experience. Only you matter. Only you can win. Selfishness is power, and the self is all that matters.

And, one day, after you’ve broken everything, there will be an empty world of darkness. No longer do things exist for you to oppose. No longer can you antagonize them, find a brief purpose against your enemy. There is no more wickedness to be done, no more joy to be had. Then?

Then you will have a last laugh, and in the darkness, be at peace.
72 Hours Remaining

Antworten